Cascade Township has recently undertaken a three phase feasibility study, which began in late 2014 and ended earlier this year. The three-phase study included:
- A needs assessment for the Township organization
- A master planning process for Township properties
- A conceptual and schematic design for a new Township Hall
- A rough cost estimate for a new Township Hall per the schematic design
The feasibility study culminated with a Community Forum on the proposed project, which was held on March 24th, 2016. If you are interested in reading more about the study or the proposed project, the information can be found in the link below.
Since the Community Forum and subsequent township board meetings were held, the Township has received substantial feedback from the residents of Cascade on the proposed project. Most of this feedback has been received during public comments at regular Township Board meeting and via email and telephone. Overwhelmingly, the feedback received thus far has been that the Township residents do not support the proposed new Township Hall as presented.
Based on the feedback that has been received from the Community, the Infrastructure Committee has made the following recommendation to the Township Board:
1. Receive and File the “Cascade Charter Township Facility Master Plan and Administrative Office Design Study” and declare that the project has been stopped and will not move forward.
2. Direct the Township Manager to have an RFP prepared to seek bids for the following Township Hall repairs:
- Roof Replacement
- HVAC Replacement
- Parking Lot Resurfacing
3. Direct the Township Manager to utilize the “Needs Assessment” section of the study to segment the future needs of the Township into the following segments:
- Immediate Needs (now to 2 years)
- Short-term Needs (3-5 years)
- Intermediate Needs (6-10 years)
- Long Term Needs (10+ years)
4. Any future actions or projects to plan for potential new township offices will include at least two public forums and all Township residents will be notified via a direct mailing of these public forums. Information will also be posted on the township web site regarding these forums and related potential projects.
Essentially, the Infrastructure Committee is recommending that the Township seek to make the necessary repairs to the current Township Hall to continue operations in that facility. Additionally, by segmenting the proposed organizational needs that are unmet, or will be unmet, by the current facility, the Township Board can have a better understanding of when the needs of the Township organization will occur and when alternate arrangements may be needed.
The recommendations were approved by the Township Board at their regularly scheduled meeting on July 13th, 2016.
Below are several pieces of information related to the Township Hall project, and additional information will be posted here as it becomes available.
Cascade Township Hall - Fact, Information and Frequently Asked Questions
Cascade Township Hall - Feasibility Study
Cascade Township Hall - Community Forum Presentation
Cascade Township Hall - Public Comment Form
Cascade Township Hall - Video
Questions and/or comments on the proposed Township Hall project can be sent to Township Manager Ben Swayze at email@example.com