Yard Waste Pick Up
Mondays, October 21 through December 2, 2019
You can purchase Yard Waste tags at the reception desk of the Township Offices from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Tags are $1.00 each. Pick up will be every Monday starting April 1 through April 29.
- Please have your yard waste near the curb by 6:00 am to assure pick up.
- Place a tag on each bag of leaves or bundle of branches. (No grass clippings, dirt, sod, cement, sand or rocks please).
- Please use 30 gallon plastic bags or paper yard waste bags. Sticks should be no longer than four feet in length and branches, logs and stumps are not to exceed one inch in diameter.
- Residents 62 years of age and older will receive 20 tags FREE per calendar year, per household.
This service is only available in the restricted burn area. The yard waste dumpsters will be available behind the Thornhills Fire Station on the following dates:
- October 21 through December 2, 2019 (No size limit but you must be able to put items in the dumpster yourself. No stumps allowed).
Note: If you have tags left over from last spring or fall and you intend to use them, please contact the Township Office so your address can be added to the pickup list.
Clean Up Day
Saturday, October 12, 2019
ONE WAY ENTRY FROM ADA DRIVE, EXIT HALL DRIVE. Enter via Ada Drive near Alta Dale by Central Middle School.
Location: Forest Hills Central Middle School (5810 Ada Drive SE)
FOR: Ada and Cascade Township residents. Identification is required to verify your residency within the townships of Ada or Cascade. If you live in Grand Rapids Township but your mailing address is Ada, you do not qualify.
WHEN: Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. Gates close sharply at 2:30.
WHERE: Forest Hills Central Middle School parking lot
WHAT: Non-hazardous household waste, appliances, scrap metal, electronics for recycling (computers, TV’s, etc.), household items for
re-use, office paper for shredding.
NO YARD WASTE. You will need to use leaf pick-up day, your curb side service or other sources for yard waste such as leaves, branches and brush.
NO HAZARDOUS MATERIAL such as paint (open & dried paint cans okay), cleaners, batteries, or hazardous material will not be accepted.
SERVICES ON SITE:
Republic Services: For general trash and junk, appliances, scrap metal. No yard waste.
Salvation Army: For used or new household items such as furniture, kitchen items and clothes.
Donation receipts available.
Shred-It: For shedding of office paper, personal files and other documents. Up to 100 lbs. of personal sensitive documents.
Comprenew: For electronic items such as computers, televisions and small appliances, cell phones, household batteries.
Please call Cascade Township (616) 949-1500 with questions.